Animal Care Worker- Canby, Ivanhoe, Marshall, MN
|Location:||Canby, Ivanhoe, MN|
|Benefits:||Health, dental, life insurance, short & long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, 401K, and vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position is responsible for the daily care, health, and maintenance of all animals at the designated work site. Each Herdsperson is a vital member of a team dedicated to competitive swine production in our Sow System environment. |
This entry level opportunity provides hands-on experience in many of the following areas: load in/out, vaccination, breeding and gestation, farrowing, and record keeping.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to work with pigs, a willingness to learn, a high level of dependability, a solid work history, and the ability to read, write, and understand English. This position offers excellent training and the opportunity for advancement for high achieving employees.
|Duties:||• Herd Production in various aspects.|
• Complete and comprehend all training as directed by farm leadership.
• Do each task in a complete manner as trained by farm leadership.
• Abide by all company policies, rules and safety regulations as directed on each site.
• Work as a team player by accomplishing daily department work requirements and farm goals.
• Maintain and update all department records as required.
• Maintain all bio-security standards.
• Uphold all safety regulations.
|Qualifications:||Education: High school diploma desired. Some college within an agriculture-based major is preferred. |
Experience: Previous livestock handling helpful, but not required.
Other: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Display a high level of respect to team members and animals. Demonstrate an impeccable reliability/dependability standard.