Director of Veterinary Services
|Location:||Sleepy Eye, MN|
|Salary Range:||Competitive salary|
|Benefits:||Health, dental, life insurance, short & long term disability, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, 401K, and vacation.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To ensure the continued development and implementation of an effective and forward looking health management system in a highly integrated swine production system, Christensen Farms is seeking to recruit a highly experienced and accomplished veterinarian. The Director of Veterinary Services will work as a member of the leadership team within the Christensen Farms Department Head group including the direct supervision of the veterinarian team. The position will report to the Vice President of Production, Health & Nutrition operations. |
Key expectations for the Director role will be to work closely with key leaders – both internally and externally of the organization - to develop strategies, processes and procedures necessary to improve herd health while maintaining a focus on best cost, performance & animal well-being initiatives. In addition to key leadership fundamentals, the Director of Veterinary Services will also respond to health needs in the field within all phases of production and provide guidance to consulting and staff veterinarians to fulfill the necessary requirements to manage and improve herd health. This position will orchestrate use of company and consulting veterinarians to effectively meet the needs of the organization.
|Duties:||• Engage in organizational strategy work designed to improve business outcomes.|
• Develop and implement health management programs for all phases of production.
• Collaborate with production leadership regarding health and production improvement decision making.
• Provide training and information sharing in support of the development of CF management.
• Maintain and enhance CF Biosecurity Protocols.
• Manage CF internal health team and consulting veterinarians.
• Provide growth and development opportunities for all members of the health team.
• Budget, measure and accept accountability for cost/health inputs within all phases of production.
• Manage pharmaceutical vendor relations.
• Engage in price negotiation with vendors on all pharmaceutical products.
• Manage CF relationships with all relevant diagnostic labs.
• Represent CF while attending relevant industry meetings.
• Participate in CF Departmental Leadership activities.
• Maintain licenses in all states CF operates.
|Qualifications:||• Position requires a DVM and 5-15+ years in swine veterinary practice|
• Thorough understanding of diseases and laboratory analyses
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people
• Proven track record of strategic planning and implementation
• Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
• Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively build strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
• Proven ability to use initiative and think independently
• Ability and willingness to travel
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.