Nutrition and Research Coordinator
|Location:||Sleepy Eye, MN|
|Salary Range:||Competitive salary and great benefits|
|Benefits:||Health, dental, vision, life insurance, short & long term disability, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, 401K, and vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Nutrition and Research Coordinator is responsible to plan, organize, manage, and implement nutritional research projects. Responsibilities include assembling and managing a team assigned to various research projects, reporting of results and research project status, documentation of procedures, resource documents, and training manuals.|
This position requires a high level of detail, self-motivation and discipline to achieve high quality research results. Effective follow through and implementation of research findings to ensure the capture of improvement opportunities identified through the research trials is also essential for successful job performance.
|Duties:||- Coordinates and implements field trials which includes, training and teaching field staff to collect accurate and timely data.|
- Works closely with the Research Farm Site Manager to plan, implement and execute research projects to ensure that all project objectives are completed.
- Organizes and supervises the documentation and compilation of research data, including, but not limited to, writing study processes, preparing reports, and running and reconciling queries.
- Establishes audit procedures and ensures that data for each trial is being entered accurately.
- Completes specific research tasks such as; weighing pigs, weighing feed, feeding pigs, tagging and tattooing animals.
- Manages collected data and helps complete and summarize statistical analysis.
- Reviews the progress of trials, summarizes results and reports to management on progress and opportunities.
- Participates in research meetings.
- Coordinates carcass data collection in collaboration with the research department at Triumph Foods.
- Assists in the determination of guidelines for new protocols.
- Drafts a variety of reports, documents and correspondence for internal purposes to assist in the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the project(s).
- Responsible for the documentation of completed trials.
- Conducts quarterly nutrition formulation audits to evaluate consistency and identify opportunities for future research opportunities.
- Proactively extracts, reviews and summarizes relevant information within current research literature, that may be provide meaningful solutions to identified areas of need.
|Qualifications:||Minimum formal education required: Masters Degree|
Minimum one to three years of prior job experience required.
Previous swine or livestock industry experience preferred.
Ability to create databases, perform statistical analyses and present consolidated data and reasoning.
Familiarity with appropriate laboratory, farm and/or technical equipment is preferred.